Friday, August 16, 2013

Enjoying Organized Chaos

Having spent six days in my new "home away from home" (a.k.a. my dorm room) I have come to realize this is like my inner OCD organized personality's ultimate dream! An entire room, with all entirely my stuff, and all the time in the world to sit and figure out how I want to organize it! It is super fun!

I find myself loving organizing my desk drawers! Deciding the most functional was to use the small space, deciding where I want certain shelves and what I want in them.

Honestly, I spent multiple hours putting pictures up cause I had to get the perfect sequence of pictures and balance between sizes and colors and who is in the pictures!

Laying in bed thinking about my schedule for the next day, knowing I have nobodies agenda in mind but my own, and that I am capable of anything I need/want to accomplish here on campus.

It really has been exciting knowing nobody is going to come along and change my set up, it's purely the way I want it and the way I set it... Functional for me and me alone!

The strangest part of it all and possibly the coolest part of it all, is that from this point forward, I am the decider. I get to decide the functionality and the organization of not only my dorm, but my life! My education, my friends, my schedule, my job, everything! The freedom and responsibility actually excites my in a "control freak" sorta way. Yet, the realist inside of me is trying to point out the daunting aspect of it all, but for now, I choose to yield the power to the overly excited OCD half of myself who is enjoying this immense control I have over my living situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment