Saturday, September 21, 2013

Urge to Travel

What is it about college that makes so many people get the urge to travel? 
I've noticed a lot of people of all backgrounds here and at other schools have this incling to travel abroad. Myself included. 
Is it the fact that we are supposedly in the "prime of our lives", have no dependents, and are in a learning environment that offers the ability to travel? That may be so... Those factors are probably a major influencer in that department. I also think it's such an epidemic among my peers and I because we are, for most of us, stepping out into our own life, and in order to find that life, discover who you are, what you wish to embody, and how you want to go about living your own indivisible life, we see the need to travel abroad and experience other things. 
I think a trip to another country would change anyone's life. There is something special afforded to the fortunate few who have the financial means and allotted time to travel abroad. Their lives are forever changed. You can see it. Can't say I'm not jealous of those people! I want to experience the change in my life view they do!

There are probably a lot of reasons college students get a strong urge to travel the world. Enough reasons to fill this entire blog ten times over.

I have this strong unexplainable desire to travel... I have an open heart and mind, just happen to have an empty wallet! HaHa! The urge to travel is strong none-the-less!

No comments:

Post a Comment