Monday, January 7, 2013

Keychains

Have you ever thought about the way your keychain is organized?

If you really think about it, at least to the extent that I have, it is a very difficult task to have a well organized and efficient keychain.
Really take a minute and think about it, its something you use everyday to get in and out of places, to start vehicles, hold cards, (for example, I keep my library card and AE all access pass card on it) and to hold any decorative souvenir you might add. Its an important thing to keep organized, or else its just a heavy clump of melted, compressed metal, and plastic that weighs down your time.
I found, personally, it was rather time consuming to keep all the keys, cards, and mini stuffed poohbear on one key ring. My fingers feverishly spent time thumbing through the cluster of stuff to find the key I wanted. When my hands were full you could forget that... So I added another ring.
 But how do I decide what goes on what ring? If I need to reach at keys quickly, or when I have my hands full, what is the best arrangement of keys? I decided the key ring with my lanyard on it would be labeled "Ring One" this would have the non-daily essentials. It houses my lanyard, mini pooh bear, cards, and church key.
Though that coiled up piece of metal fought me to get on there..... attached to Ring One is "Ring Two." This houses my two car keys and my house key, making it easier to pluck out my car key when shuffling through the parking lot with my hands full. It also gives me leverage when holding my keys by the end of my lanyard, to swing them up and Ring Two will conveniently end up above Ring One in my hand, instead of a mass cluster of everything at once.
This keychain organization is just one less thing I have to worry about. A little sliver of my life that I have made run smoothly, and though it is a little thing, it makes the load that much lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment