Sunday, October 13, 2013

Musical Mood

I am a firm believer in matching every mood I have with music. I think there is a song for everything I am feeling at any given moment. Sometimes I am in a particular mood and I can't find a song or genre that matches it, and I get severely frustrated. I honestly can't do any other substantial task until I have satisfied my musical mood. It helps get whatever emotion I am feeling out, because I am not good at expressing emotions, I am more than willing to let music do it for me.
When I am in a generally happy mood, I tap into Eric Hutchinson, Colbie Caillet, One Direction (they are very upbeat and light hearted and cute, don't judge me), some Mumford and Sons, maybe a little One Republic, or bring it way back to the Barenaked Ladies!
When I am in a hopeless romantic mood I start out in a Ben Rector sort of mood. As the relationship grows I move into Lady Antebellum/Sugarland mixed with other random country love songs, and then soar into the desperately hopeless romantic soundtrack of classic Taylor Swift, finally, though I have never reached this point in a romantic relationship, I've always imagined at the final stretch it's a very Micheal Buble sort of feeling.
When I am in an angry/pump-up sort of mood, I gravitate towards a lot of older Maroon 5, We the Kings, and ultimately the All American Rejects round out that category.
When I feel relaxed, or am trying to achieve a tasks like a homework assignment or clean my room, I gravitate towards easy listening about life. A lot of John Mayer, Jason Mraz, and Jack Johnson come up. More Ben Rector and the smoother songs of Maroon 5 come into play. Those type of songs that make you contemplate the lyrics or something about life to distract me from the task I am presently doing.
There are a few exceptions, for example, disney music is always a good choice, regardless of my mood. And during the christmas holiday season, every genre of music goes on the back burner to make room for christmas music.... A category of music in which I am fully stalked! Keep in mind sometimes moods flow into each other and I mix two categories to match my mood. It really helps me sort through what I am feeling at any given time. If you are someone who doesn't like to talk about their feelings, or doesn't like to show emotion, this is a great outward escape. So go out and find YOUR musical mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment