Saturday, July 20, 2013

Too cool for school

I am currently at my college orientation, and they are running us all over campus in little designated orientation groups. While I have many opinions on almost every aspect of the experience, today I want to focus on these two girls that act "too cool for school." Meaning they think they are above doing the ice breaker games, sound really unenthused when asked to speak, and give each other a sort-of eye roll look when some one else says something. 
These type of people irk me! In high school this attitude may have carried them right to the top of the social pyramid. But in college, there is no need for it. People stop caring so much about what others think. I could tell my OC (orientation counselor) was put off by these girls, cause she was trying to pump up the group and they were hashing her mellow! I'll tell you what, THAT attitude is what's "not cool". 

All in all you get out of the experience what you put in. And if they wanna put in a crappy attitude, it's their bed they are gunna have to lay in. But no need to outwardly express the negativity... Cause then the whole group gets affected. 

They think they are too cool for school. But really, this school is too cool for them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment