Wednesday, July 17, 2013

God likes camping

Having gone camping nearly every summer of my childhood, and having just gotten back from my family's latest trip, I realize that every time I go camping, I get closer to God. I'm not sure what it is about camping that makes me feel closer to him, but I always do! One reason I think my connection with God is stronger while camping is, the fact that I am disconnected from the "world". I have no cell service or internet connection for a prolonged period of time. Another reason is I am always somewhere scenically beautiful! Whether it's the Redwood Forrest in California, a cactus dessert in Arizona, or a lush mountain forrest in Washington, I am surrounded by something awesome that reminds God created this planet. Those two reasons make it so much easier to talk to God. To open up to God. Not just for something i need either, i pretty much have continuous dialogue with him while camping. Numerous things about my life at home distract me from just simply talking to God. But with my iPhone out of hand, dirty tennis shoes laced up, and no peer from school in sight, I am more free to connect with God. Less interference I guess. 

But I'm back from camping and I'm connected with friends, my family's schedule is going five different directions... And my Internet connection is strong... But I need to make sure my God connection stays as strong as it is when I'm camping. I need to be able to set aside my distractions while I'm living my life here. Cause let's face it, I can't go to a mountain every day to connect with God. I need to be able to make my bedroom a mental "campground" in order to escape. 
I hope I can... Cause I think I'm happier and God is happier when I go camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment