Saturday, June 15, 2013

Getting a manicure

I'm not a very girly-girl, I don't highlight my hair, put on a lot of make-up, and I really don't do my nails! But this last week my very girly grandma came for a visit and insisted we go get our nails done for my high school graduation. So for the first time ever I went to a nail place to get a French tip manicure. Here are my thoughts while getting me nails done.
•Wow, it smells like a group of 12 year old girls have been doing their nails in an enclosed space! Pew!
•This lady talks very quickly and I can't follow along. She makes me very nervous. It's the small ones you gotta watch for...
•She asked me if I had a boyfriend... #foreveralone 
•She asked if I had a job, which I don't. #freeloader
•She asked if I wanted to get my eyebrows done... What is that suppose to mean!? #ugly
•At this point all I can think is that I need to get a job, and I don't have a boyfriend because I need to get my eyebrows waxed... This is fun... NOT
•She is pushing back my cuticles and making them bleed... The fun continues...
•The poster behind her has girls caked in so much make up they look like porcelain dolls! 
•Counted 12 posters of porcelain people posters
•I wonder if the people walking by the nail salon are judging me
•The nail lady just asked me a question and I couldn't understand her... What do I do? 
•Just nod and smile, nod and smile....
•I'm now putting my nails under a special drying light, I wonder if this light will give me cancer, probably will. 
•This old guy that just walked by the salon was definitely judging me! Come back! Let me prove I'm not one of THEM!
•My nails feel heavy.
•The French tips aren't all the same size, OCD going crazy!?
•This is the longest 10 minutes of my life.
•The nail ladies are all talking in another language... I bet they are making fun of us.
•DoI really need to do my eyebrows?
•My cuticles still hurt! 
•Cant believe we just paid to put paint on our skin cells, be stereotyped by passer-byers, possibly made fun of in another language, given cancer by a light that I am quite convinced gives off radiation, and be reminded I don't have a boyfriend. 

So yah, that was my experience. Each bullet is one thought, and I did go in the correct order. Hope you enjoyed! 

I am now done with school and graduation! So I will post a lot more now!

No comments:

Post a Comment